It’s easy as a parent to forget just how responsible a little kid can be. After the second or third time ingesting Play-Doh, you would think they would have learned their lesson. Alas, they didn’t. Still, amid their ridiculous antics, there are moments of wonder where you are amazed at just how smart they can be when they put their mind to it!
For one little girl, that moment wasn’t just cute, it was life-saving.
Amelia Jermyn is like most other four-year-old girls. She loves listening to the Frozen soundtrack, loves her parents, and can usually be found by listening for her singing around the house.
Amelia lives in Jacksonville, Florida, and probably saved her family’s home.
Amelia’s house has camera inside so they can keep an eye on things as needed. It’s a good security addition and it sometimes catches things that nobody would have been around to see. On this particular day, it caught Amelia, only she wasn’t doing something bad.
You can see her walking around the house, singing her heart out.
… to the Frozen soundtrack of course. As she rounds the corner, however, she noticed something happening in the kitchen. Standing there in a tutu, she realizes that this is a serious moment – a fire has broken out in the kitchen.
Her first words were, “Fire. Oh no. Dad is going to kill me”.
Despite having a guilty conscience, she did the right thing. She knew her dad was upstairs in the bathroom and decided that this was a big enough problem to warrant an interruption.
“He was brushing his teeth and then the fire came,”
Daniel was in his own world when his daughter ran in.
He recounted the story like this:
“She was like ‘Dad! You have to see this!’ And I don’t know why, so I was, like, ‘OK, fine.’ So I am brushing my teeth and walking out of the room,” he recalled. “And I couldn’t comprehend it. You know what I mean? As soon as you see it, there’s no way this is going on right now, and I look and the air fryer is on fire.” – News 4 Jax
Daniel ran downstairs to put out the fire but things didn’t happen as one would hope. Looking around, he couldn’t find the fire extinguisher to put out the fire and wasn’t sure what to do next.
The fryer was still connected to the outlet but nothing was on and the appliance didn’t even have food in it.
Despite it not making sense, he still had to do something. His bright idea? Take the fryer and toss the entire thing into the pool! What is the use of a pool if you can’t put out home-threatening fires in it, right?
Thankfully, that did the trick.
Daniel only had minor burns and it wasn’t all that bad. He knows that if it wasn’t for Amelia, things would have been MUCH worse.
“If Amelia had not come and got me and I had not paid attention to her, probably one or two more minutes, we would have lost the kitchen, at least the kitchen,” Daniel said. “It was pretty close.” – News 4 Jax
Check out the video below!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.