Have you ever been lucky enough to meet a famous person, but ended up putting your foot in your mouth as soon as you went up to greet them? Well, you’re not alone!
Take for example the guy who told Tom Hanks that he had been working with SNL “since the beginning of semen.” Or, how about the random fan who asks Steve Carell if Minions are yellow in real life!
With stories like that circulating around Twitter, it’s no wonder that these 60 crazy, sweet, and totally awkward encounters with celebrities are leaving the Internet laughing.
1) “Your grandma is on my money.”
2) “It made me sperm!”
“Ultimate good-guy energy.”
3) “Are Minions yellow in real life?”
“He repeated it back to me, perplexed, and I was so embarrassed that I just shook his hand and got out of there.”
4) Zoe Kravitz cradled him in her arms.
“Omg I wonder how that feels to be so beautiful it brings [tears] to peoples eyes.”
5) “Will ya’ll be my dads?”
“If I ever meet him I’m handing him some adoption papers to sign xx.”
6) “Will you sign my penguin paper?”
“I remember buying it at a dollar store but don’t know why I had it on me that day!”
7) “You don’t want me to be in it?”
“I literally can’t stop laughing at this Jill he literally looks like a kindergartner on his first day of school.”
8) He scared the ghost out of Whoopi Goldberg
“Omg I was walking out of my dad’s restaurant YEARS ago and I saw her walking down the same side of the street I was on and said to myself out loud wait is that Whoopi and she smirked at me it was the cutest interaction I’ve ever had with a celebrity.”
9) “OMG Batman!”
“That’s awesome. Mine is that Richard E. Grant came to sit in front of us at a performance of Chicago. I looked up, made eye contact, and said: Spiceworld.”
10) When you hug Danny DeVito like your BFF
11) To Rick Fox: “So, do you like to play ball?”
“lmao speaking as someone who’s 6’5”, that question gets olddd like damn why doesn’t anyone ask short people if they play mini golf.”
12) When that tall, science geek blocks your view
13) To Prince Charles: “Ummm, I have eczema.”
14) “Pose like you’re Pastor and First Lady!”
“Why do y’all look so much like a real couple.”
“Kinda looks like photo you’d find at grandma’s counter, so you nailed it!”
15) At least Stan Lee is still smiling
16) “I’m just trying really hard not to accidentally hit one of your kids in the face.”
“He was seated with his family and friends and he kinda glanced around and laughed a little and said ‘yeah, we have a few of them around here.'”
17) “Chile get over here and give me a hug before my ride leaves us.”
“In my 25 years of listening to them I have only just found out TLC is their initials! Proper face palm moment!”
18) Bruno Mars in his younger days
“Why did y’all let him get away with a two-finger boob poke?”
19) “Is it me you’re looking for?
20) She untied Barack Obama’s shoelaces
“Was trapped once he signed my books cause everyone surged forward. I was sitting on his feet at the edge of the stage. So once I got bored I just started poking his ankles. I actually tied his laces together too before untying them. He didn’t have secret service then either.”
21) “Thanks, that’s my sweat.”
22) She turned into a Peeping Benedict
23) “Nobody is going to jail on my watch!”
24) “Okay, I’ll just chop off my legs then.”
“I feel like I should mention she had to be at least 6 foot in the high heels she was wearing and I am only 4’11.”
25) She cracked John Legend’s Blackberry!
26) “Thanks man, you just saved my day.”
“I’m from Pittsburgh and have so many mutual friends with Mac (I never met him) and ughh this is just so him and so pure.”
27) “Get off my dress!”
28) “Snowmobiles are for brain dead zombies.”
“Well, if you’re going to ride snowmobiles in summer, you deserve to be yelled at by Hunter S. Thompson.”
29) “You don’t have to get a picture with me if I’m not who you think I am I don’t want you to be disappointed.
“Haha, apparently this is something that happens to him frequently, and he gets rather annoyed by.”
30) “Have a nice dinner.”
31) The Hulk probably didn’t even hear him.
32) “My girl!”
“Run before she sells you a vagina steamer.”
33) He yelled at Kareem Abdul Jabaar for standing on a chair at a convention in Philly.
34) “Y’all motherf**kers want a photo?”
“They should trademark that word for him alone.”
35) “What’s your favorite website?”
“It was actually a really cool answer, it was the International Space Station live stream. He said that whenever he got stressed it helped put life in perspective!”
36) The dumbstruck fan
“I feel like EVERYONE has had an awkward experience with Nick Jonas.”
“You don’t know me but I’m laughing so hard right now because I’m a few generations older and I did the exact same thing to NKOTB. Bless you. We’ve all been there.”
37) “Yo Rock, you bald!”
“Yeah, I referred to him as “Mr. Rock” instead of anything normal because I got so nervous.”
38) “I’ll make it work!”
39) “Damn that looks like 3stacks.”
“I love how in this picture you’re so chill and he’s grinning, like he’s the one getting a pic w some big shot.”